It is really important to know the right CBD Oil Dosage before using CBD. THC and CBD are some of the main extracts of the hemp plant. CBD and THC are short for cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol, respectively. Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive, which means it does not give the user the does not get the entourage effect.
In 1940 Roger Adams discovered CBD, but people are only talking about it now thanks to the new law legalizing cannabis. For a new user, the information available on the internet might be overwhelming. Therefore, I would recommend a third-party tested CBD. Third-party testing will ensure quality since CBD is not FDA regulated.
Uses of CBD
For the longest time, the cannabis plant was illegal, making it hard to research on CBD. It has, however, treated a myriad of diseases so far;
- Reducing anxiety, depression, Insomnia, and post-traumatic disorder. These diseases are very rampant, and most people at one point in their lives have experienced at least one of them. CBD keeps the nervous system calm by depressing the fight or flight responses.
- Reduce epilepsy and seizures. Parents to children with these conditions have reported having seen the CBD oil reduce the occurrence of seizures and epilepsy. A child suffering from seizures went for 250 days without experiencing seizures while on CBD, and upon withdrawal, the seizures started to reoccur.
- Relive chronic pain. A case study conducted on patients with multiple sclerosis revealed that patients on CBD experienced less muscle spasticity than patients who only took a placebo.
- Ease withdrawal symptoms and many more.
The CBD Isolate, Full Spectrum, and Broad Spectrum CBD
If you are a beginner or a regular CBD consumer, these are the three terms you will come across, and you may find it all too overwhelming. Not to worry, it is elementary to understand the difference and see what works best for you without putting your health or job on the line.
It is almost 100% pure CBD; this means that it is void of other cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, THC (up to 0.3%), and other naturally occurring components in the hemp plant. It mostly comes as a white powder that can easily dissolve in oil or foods. Most people choose CBD-isolate because it’s very pure and does not get them high. In case you are allergic to other cannabinoids, this might work for you. Pure CBD should not show up in a urine test and is not addictive.
It contains all hemp plant extracts, including THC. With full-spectrum CBD, you will get it’s medical benefits and the entourage effect. If you don’t need to pass a drug test, live in a state that has legalized marijuana, and want the entourage effect, this is the CBD for you.
THC is however addictive and produces a mind-altering effect thus no state is allowed to exceed 0.3%.
It is similar to the full spectrum CBD except it lacks THC. If you are not allergic to any cannabinoids, don’t want to get high, and need to pass a drug test, this is what you need.
It is imperative to note that none of the three is superior to the other.
The Right Amount of CBD Oil Dosage
- Many factors determine the right of CBD oil dosage to take. Some include;
- The purpose of using CBD. In case you need to treat chronic illness, you may need more CBD than a person treating mild pain.
- Bodyweight. A weighty person may need more CBD to experience its effects than lighter people.
Body’s reaction to CBD. Some people are more or less tolerant of CBD and may require more of CBD.
The fact is, there is no such thing as the right amount of CBD to use. Everyone reacts differently to medication. Therefore, a visit to the doctor is required. If the doctor for one reason or another is unable to give a prescription or you want to self-medicate, here is a guideline that will help you.
Weight (lbs.) mild Moderate severe
31-55 6 8 10
56-80 8 12 13
81-120 10 15 15
121-180 13 18 20
181-250 15 20 25
>250 20 25 30
Note that the medication above is given in mg and can be taken once or twice a day. It is crucial to start taking a small CBD oil dosage. The point is to get the minimum dosage that works best for you. Some people have complained that high intakes of CBD cause fatigue and dizziness.
It is vital to take note of how your body reacts to the medication. If the dosage you are using does not work, you can slowly increase the drug to find the right dose. The maximum amount of CBD intake per day is 200mg.
We are not doctors, and this is for informational purposes only about CBD Oil Dosage:
Best CBD Oil Dosage
I cannot emprise enough on the fact that there is no such thing as the perfect dosage, but for most people, 10-40 mg a day works wonders.
Best CBD Dosage for Beginners
In case if you are looking to start taking CBD and have no idea how much CBD oil you should take try to taking 10-40mg a day. However, this process differs from person to person depending on body weight, stress levels, body tolerance to CBD, metabolism, etc.
In case the dosage you chose to start with does not work,slowly increase your dosage weekly taking note of any changes. The recommended rate of increase is 20-25%.
One of the most frequently asked questions is, how will I know it works? Once you have taken CBD oil dosage, it takes 1-5 hours to experience the therapeutic effects depending on the mode of ingestion used.
Most of the users have recommended the full-spectrum CBD oil probably because of the entourage effect. Therefore, select the CBD oil that will work efficiently for you.
Best CBD Dosage For Regular Users
A regular user has probably found the optimum dosage per day. However, if you are a daily user, and still there is ‘no effect.’ Try to gradually increase your dosage by up to 25% taking not on the effects. Research shows that a regular CBD user can become intolerant hence the need to increase the dosage.
How Much CBD Oil Dosage In a Single Drop?
It is crucial to be vigilant when buying any CBD product; acquire them from a reputable supplier.
CBD products come in different strengths. In case you choose to use the CBD tincture oil, it will most probably have well-laid details on the concentration per drop. However, this is not always the case; thus, you have to do the math yourself. Fortunately, the calculations are straightforward. Here is how you do it.
Get the total amount of CBD in a tincture, usually indicated on the bottle. I would advise against buying any CBD products that do not show the amount of CBD in them. Secondly, know the volume of the tincture.
For instance, a 25 ml tincture may contain 500 mg of CBD. 500/25=20.That means the tincture contains 20mg per ml. In case you need 20mg a day, take one ml. In most cases, one dropper is equivalent to one ml, and it contains roughly 20 drops. To get the mg of CBD in a single drop, divide 20ml by 20mg to get 1 mg per drop.
In some instances, the number of droplets in the tincture is in the description. For example, a tincture might contain 500 mg of CBD, and it contains roughly 400 drops. To get the amount of CBD in a single drop, divide 500/400 to get 1.25 mg.
It becomes easier once you understand the CBD concentration of a single drop. Should you chose to take the CBD capsule, the content in mg per pill should is in the manual.
Ways To Take CBD Oil Dosage
- Through sublingual absorption. This method involves placing the CBD oil drops under the tongue, holding the oil for about a minute then swallowing. Putting the drug around the sublingual glands is highly efficient. These glands quickly absorb the CBD into the bloodstream.
It takes about 15 minutes to get the therapeutic effect. This method is discreet and efficient. However, the taste of the oil might not be pleasing to beginners. It is faster than direct ingestion.
- Vaping is probably the fastest way in which CBD is absorbed into the blood. All that is required is a vaporizer pen, which is easy to use — the vape heat up the oil. In the lungs, the inhaled vapor, which contains a very high amount of CBD, is absorbed directly into the bloodstream. The onset time for vaping is less than 5 minutes. Pros of vaping include efficiency, no harsh effects of smoking, and the ability to control dosages. The downside to vaping is, there are no long term therapeutic effects. Therefore, you might need to vape several times a day. It is also not discreet.
- Through edibles. This probably the easiest way to take CBD. It includes incorporating any foods with CBD. Too much heat on the oil could lead to an unpleasant taste. CBD absorption into the bloodstream is most prolonged in this method. However, the entourage effect is long-lasting. The benefit of ingesting CBD based edibles is buying food already containing CBD is an option, or you could prepare the food at home. The disadvantage is that it is hard to get the right CBD oil dosage.
- Use as an ointment. This method is the easiest. It involves applying the CBD based cream or balm onto the skin. It relieves muscle cramps, arthritis, migraines, and some skin conditions like acne. The use of CBD based ointments is perfect for targeting a specific area. The endocannabinoid receptors which are found under the skin easily absorb the CBD. The use of cream and balms has the mildest effect.
What if I Overdose?
So far, no case suggests a CBD overdose. Research done in 2017 indicated that it would take 20000 mg of CBD taken in a short time to be toxic. The maximum amount of CBD allowed per day is 200mg and should not be taken at once. For CBD to be toxic, an individual would have to take ten times the maximum intake or more.
A person might not overdose, but is there such a thing as too much CBD? Yes, too much CBD intake is when a person takes more than necessary. Some of the side effects include; dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, psychosis, and in some cases, diarrhea.
Do I Need a Medical Marijuana Card to Buy CBD?
Eleven states legalized the use of hemp or hemp-based products for recreational purposes. Washington, D.C, Oregon, Colorado, Illinois, California, Maine, Michigan, Nevada, Alaska, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Washington. If you live in any of these states, all you need to buy CBD is proof of age (21 years).
The red states, Nebraska, Idaho, and South Dakota, do not permit the use of hemp or hemp-based products. Other countries not mentioned are the amber states, and they only allow the use of hemp for medical purposes. If you reside in any of these states, you need a medical marijuana card.
Talk To Your Doctor
It is vital to get a doctor’s prescription before buying any CBD product. The internet, books, or friends will arm you with the necessary information. However, only a doctor can ascertain the amount of CBD required, the intake duration, and most importantly, do you need CBD?
CBD might be legal. Unfortunately, it is not FDA regulated; this means that the FDA has not approved any product containing CBD. In case the doctor prescribes the drug, they are in a better position to advise on the best supplier, probably based on the progress of other patients.
Prolonged and abuse of CBD, may result in the body developing tolerance. Taking breaks from the drug, using it only when needed, and lowering the dosage are some of the tactics used to reduce intolerance. Generally, CBD has overwhelmingly positive feedback with inconsequential negative feedback. However, this drug is not a miracle worker. A healthy diet, piece of mind, and exercise are still vital. A visit to the doctor is better than self-prescription.